We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Query old motorway speeding ticket
Just been listening to another report about incorrect speeding tickets on smart motorways going back years.
I did a ‘course’ three years ago after getting popped for 59 on a 50 stretch (variable speed) which I always thought was odd but assumed I’d just missed the change in speed (maybe I did).
On the BBC they said people affected should be contacted, but I’ve moved house twice since then (and don’t have the original letter any more).
I did a ‘course’ three years ago after getting popped for 59 on a 50 stretch (variable speed) which I always thought was odd but assumed I’d just missed the change in speed (maybe I did).
On the BBC they said people affected should be contacted, but I’ve moved house twice since then (and don’t have the original letter any more).
Is there anything I should/could be doing? This is the only speeding ticket I’ve had in 40 years of driving! It’s more about the principle than costs.
1
Comments
-
If you were one of the ones affected you will be contracted assuming of course you have updated your driving licence to show your correct address.1
-
Yes, everything updated with each move 👍0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
