We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

TSB switch - pulling teeth less aggro

Previously tried to start switch process with TSB (Nov, I think), and gave up because it kept disliking the ID I was trying to upload.
Thought I'd try again today.  Aggro again with the ID with the link saying my camera wasn't working on the phone (it was).  So, I went down town and started again. Accepted ID.  In the process you have to validate your email. They send you a link, you press confirm - takes you back to their platform (app on your phone).  Link has expired.  After 10 attempts, I've given up.  Not worth the aggro.  J

Comments

  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 42,074 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Sounds more like a problem with opening an account rather than the (separate) process of switching?
  • 1stTimer
    1stTimer Posts: 588 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    My sister has been trying all week to switch, we get all the way to the end of the process where it asks you to click submit. Once we click submit nothing happens it just stays on that page. It’s very frustrating 
    The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #26 £667.95/£667.95✔️
    Save £12k in 2026 #12 £13,201.88/£7500

    Car Loan
    Dec 25- £14,114.74 (60mth) / paid off Aug 2026
  • Have you got any ad blockers etc? I had the same with the online activation code. I could not get passed a certain point, then I turned off the ad-blocker or any other type of block in the browser and it worked (once I received the new code as the old one was "used")
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 25,306 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    1stTimer said:
    My sister has been trying all week to switch, we get all the way to the end of the process where it asks you to click submit. Once we click submit nothing happens it just stays on that page. It’s very frustrating 
    1stTimer said:
    My sister has been trying all week to switch, we get all the way to the end of the process where it asks you to click submit. Once we click submit nothing happens it just stays on that page. It’s very frustrating 
    Has she contacted TSB? 
  • Tunstallstoven
    Tunstallstoven Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper

    I too have had a problem trying to open an account / switch. Spend and Save.

    Getting ID verified was a challenge, but after a little of perseverance and a lot a swearing, I got there. Hoped it would be plain sailing from there, but no.

    Similarly to @1stTimer - I get to the summary page, tick the boxes to say I agree with this and have read that, then click submit. An "At a Glance" pop up follows, with a summary of account features. I click Accept, which takes me back to the summary. I click submit again and the same happens ad infinitum. I've tried on several devices but always the same.

    I tried calling them but it was less than helpful.

    Thought I'd post just in case anyone knows of a solution…

    Many thanks

  • 1stTimer
    1stTimer Posts: 588 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    no solution here yet but haven’t tried again, I’ve asked her to wait until I can take a look.
    Tried on multiple devices and no ad blockers or vpn switched on but haven’t tried from my laptop yet so that’s the newest attempt.

    We haven’t contacted TSB yet but may well have too

    The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #26 £667.95/£667.95✔️
    Save £12k in 2026 #12 £13,201.88/£7500

    Car Loan
    Dec 25- £14,114.74 (60mth) / paid off Aug 2026
  • JamieJ
    JamieJ Posts: 19 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker

    I'm having the same issue. Turned off all ad blockers etc and can't get past the pop up box at the end of the process on the summary page.

    I've tried on two different Apple laptops and my iPhone and have the same issue. I just can't get past the pop up box.

    Reading that TSB haven't been useful on the phone makes me think it's not worth the hassle.

  • 1stTimer
    1stTimer Posts: 588 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    A quick update for us on this one,

    Last Thursday and Friday she received a card and log in details etc in the post so an account has been set up. I am seeing her tomorrow so will see if we can get logged in to the app but since no switch details were requested during the application I think we may have to phone them and see what has happened. Unless you have to switch after you log on?

    The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #26 £667.95/£667.95✔️
    Save £12k in 2026 #12 £13,201.88/£7500

    Car Loan
    Dec 25- £14,114.74 (60mth) / paid off Aug 2026
  • thriftyms
    thriftyms Posts: 5 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker

    @1stTimer, to initiate the switch: on the TSB website, on the Switch page, it says you need to have your new TSB account details, and your old account details to hand, and then fill in a separate online form. It says this is available under 'Products' in the TSB app, or there's a link on the Switch page to do it online from a browser. HTH.

  • 1stTimer
    1stTimer Posts: 588 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #26 £667.95/£667.95✔️
    Save £12k in 2026 #12 £13,201.88/£7500

    Car Loan
    Dec 25- £14,114.74 (60mth) / paid off Aug 2026
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.