We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Youtube Premium free trial scam

hubb
hubb Posts: 2,511
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 17 January at 2:01PM in Praise, vent & warnings
I was offered a 2 month free trial for Premium when I signed in to my account (I have had this last year for a free ad free month which worked fine)  I gave my credit card details which is a standard procedure only to get a confirmation email from Google Play and Youtube thanking me for purchasing a month's worth which will automatically renew in a month. No mention of the 2 month free trial, so I cancelled which they thankfully refunded as I did it right away.

Just be aware of this scam folks.....

Comments

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,543
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    To be clear, you were offered the 2 months free trial AFTER you had logged into your account?
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 32,681
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Often with these providers ( Apple music in my case) once you take advantage of one free offer, you are excluded from future ones. 
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,511
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    To be clear, you were offered the 2 months free trial AFTER you had logged into your account?
    I was already logged into my account. 
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,511
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Often with these providers ( Apple music in my case) once you take advantage of one free offer, you are excluded from future ones. 
    Well yes but the last time I was offered 1 month, not 2. And they knew my account as I was logged in so why offer it to me? 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 25,326
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    hubb said:
    Often with these providers ( Apple music in my case) once you take advantage of one free offer, you are excluded from future ones. 
    Well yes but the last time I was offered 1 month, not 2. And they knew my account as I was logged in so why offer it to me? 
    Have you asked them? 
    They are more likely to know why than forumites. 
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,511
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    To be fair I posted this as a warning so others didn't fall for it. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.