We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
UPVC nightlatch - swap to handle mechanism
tallbird_2
Posts: 11 Forumite
Hi folks
Looking for some advice please. I have a nightlatch-type lock on my UPVC front door which is getting a bit old and stiff. Trouble is, so are we, and we're having increasing difficulty operating it so we need to change it to a traditional handle-operated one before one of us gets locked out or in.
I can't find anything online which talks about this specifically - maybe my search terms are all wrong - but wondered if anyone can share any wisdom please?
I'm dubious whether it can be done at all and I'm going to be in it for a new door.
thanks!
Looking for some advice please. I have a nightlatch-type lock on my UPVC front door which is getting a bit old and stiff. Trouble is, so are we, and we're having increasing difficulty operating it so we need to change it to a traditional handle-operated one before one of us gets locked out or in.
I can't find anything online which talks about this specifically - maybe my search terms are all wrong - but wondered if anyone can share any wisdom please?
I'm dubious whether it can be done at all and I'm going to be in it for a new door.
thanks!

0
Comments
-
What type of mechanism does that operate ?Is there a proper handle at all ?Have you lubricated the mechanism ?
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
Contact a local locksmith.
Simple to replace once you have sourced one.
Plenty of u-tube video'sLife in the slow lane0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
