We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Very nearly wiped out a cyclist

1235»

Comments

  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 27,296 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I don’t like talking about rights and responsibilities too much. It’s better to focus on what is sensible. Everyone has the right to leave their door unlocked when they go out, and it doesn’t entitle a burglar to ransack the place. However, try explaining that to the insurance company when they reject your claim. :)


    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • B0bbyEwing
    B0bbyEwing Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    GDB2222 said:
    I don’t like talking about rights and responsibilities too much. It’s better to focus on what is sensible. Everyone has the right to leave their door unlocked when they go out, and it doesn’t entitle a burglar to ransack the place. However, try explaining that to the insurance company when they reject your claim. :)


    Precisely this. 

    Even on the dash cam this guys lights looked crap. They were crap in person too. But yes, they were lights so that's that box ticked. 

    Everyone has their own view. I know some drivers hate cyclists with bright lights or flashing lights. Personally I would rather a cyclist have a bright flashing light, whether it's legal or illegal to do that (ride on the road with it flashing) because I'd rather be 'blinded' for a short duration and see them than them have some weak lighting and not see them. 

    I prefer the flashing light because it grabs my attention a lot better than solid lighting which I find more distracting because then I'm trying to figure out what it might be whereas it I see flashing lights I immediately think cyclist. 

    As said, I am both cyclist and motorist and I've also been a cyclist taken out by a motorist so I've been in all the boats. 

    🤐🤐🤐

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.