We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
DWP old overpayment and state pension
wainright
Posts: 21 Forumite
Hi folks
In a nutshell, I have an DWP Income support overpayment from several years ago. I have been unable to afford to repay the amount, but understand they are able to take any overpayment from State pension when you are due to receive it, is this correct? and generally do they take a large amount from the pension? I haven't been in a financial position to repay the debt ( it is around £700 ) but will be able to when eligible for pension in Sept. Can anyone offer advice please.
In a nutshell, I have an DWP Income support overpayment from several years ago. I have been unable to afford to repay the amount, but understand they are able to take any overpayment from State pension when you are due to receive it, is this correct? and generally do they take a large amount from the pension? I haven't been in a financial position to repay the debt ( it is around £700 ) but will be able to when eligible for pension in Sept. Can anyone offer advice please.
0
Comments
-
You can speak to DWP Debt Management about the likely repayment schedule.
https://www.gov.uk/repay-manage-benefit-owed
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
