Laura's turn on top! 2008 DF diary xxx

Options

Comments

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi laura just seen your news. Thats fab!!!!! Bet your chuffed!
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • shopaholic2008
    Options
    well i just read the whole of your diary, you should be really proud of yourself you are doing really well i think making lots of smaller payments must keep you really motivated aswell.
    Im so jealous of your holiday i would love to go to america but really cant justify spending money on a holiday at the moment. Never mind maybe next year!
    I will follow your diary with interest good luck!!!
    Proud to be Dealing with my Debts

Lightbulb Moment 1st April 2008 Total Card Debt £2100/£1815 ~ 5th June 08 Total Overdraft £500 Total Car Finance £5000 £2 Challenge £4/£40 Next to attack~Littlewoods £275/£239
  • boredofbeingathome
    Options
    Hi laura, i too have read your diary.
    Well done and you have saved for a holiday as well.
    I have seen you posting before, but haven't had much chance for a natter. I was wondering about the Wiccan circle. A friend of mine used to do the same thing, and was very positive about life in general. Your diary is full of positivity, so i was thinking is it doing the same for you?
    Bobx
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey everyone thanks for the messages!

You've cheered me up actually. Had some goodnews this week my mum bought me a new car :j but now there's something wrong with it :mad: so its still with the man at the garage :mad:

But still otherwise life is still good.

Not made any payments on the debts lately. am struggling as I'm trying to keep every penny i've got at the minute. You know when you come off benefits and into a job and there's that gap between the money! Won't get paid much from work and haven't heard anything from TC yet. that said my TC day was a thursday so i'll see what makes it to the bank tomorrow.

Bob- the wiccan thing.

Yes somedays it helps me with positivity but not all the time and don't get me wrong its not a quick fix its just like a catholic would treat their religion, it comforts me in my time of need and celebrates with me in times of joy. A lot of people look to witchcraft for a quick fix but it doesn't work that way! Right sermon over....

I'm just eating this biscuit then i'm off to bed

hoping its going to be nice tomorrow so I can get some more gardening done! If not you will no doubt see me lurking around hee somewhere, goodnight xxxx
    On a mission
  • lauradora
    Options
    hooray I finally got my new car sorted!

So now i've got my mse sticker in my window finally!

Still not got back on top of my finances but want to try and have a good go tonight, its nearly bills time and i'm not as organised as i like to be.

Hopefully will put piccys up later of car looking super cool!
    On a mission
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats on the car Laura!
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • boredofbeingathome
    Options
    Great news, which reminds me i must get myself a sticker.
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • sunshine6650
    Options
    Ive just resd this whole thread..i was addicted! Laura you are a real inspiration!! I have it so easy really in comparison & i make excuses for not being able to afford to over pay my debt! Im getting motivated today about listing on ebay..turbo listing all the way then see what i can do, the upstairs tv has died, the car needs a new part next month £250, we need a new living room flooring, want a holiday & have about 7k in debt! you have def got me thinking..i became obsessed with this site at the beginning of the year but then i got distracted & fell apart a bit..seeing this makes me think tho..i have to go into my bank to make a payment but i need to be motivated a bit more to make the effort, even if its for a tenner here & there..
    2010 is my DO IT year! grow own bits,savvy shopping,organised!!Get a hobby!!! be fit!! be happy!!
    Saving all change & paying off debts!!
    constantly looking to save money!!! all help needed!!
  • lauradora
    Options
    Right morning all thanks or that sunshine.

Ok at long last i'm going to update my figures. I've been lagging behind loads since I started this new job i'm so behind.

Loan £10703.37
    forma £917.90
    Overdraft £1500
    Total debt £13121.27
    Paid off so far £1378.37

This new routine is taking some getting into!! Off to work now will catch up later, although I have been saying that for weeeks no and not got round to it!
    On a mission
  • Penny2myName
    Penny2myName Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Laura, just been reading up on your thread, not on much myself lately. Congrats on the Job. If its the young lady that became manager back in 2006, I used to work with her husband, and remember how proud he was of her getting the position.
    19th March 2007 LBM£5,969.63 1st January 2018 £5960.18, 1st January 2019 £11,032.0018th August 2023 £12,435.00, Student Loan £22244.00 From 2009-12Challenges: To learn to stop spending..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure