We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
AED account
expat_from_UK
Posts: 5 Forumite
in Credit cards
do you recommend any account that allows me to use AED?
0
Comments
-
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/travel-credit-cards/ lists best options for cards to use for non-sterling spend.1
-
But given you are an "ex-pat" you presumably arent in the UK so may not be able to open any of those accounts and may need to look at the equivalent local cards or offerings from "Ex Pat" banks if you are wealthy enough to be of interest to themeskbanker said:https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/travel-credit-cards/ lists best options for cards to use for non-sterling spend.2 -
I think you can use iFAST bank that comes with 9 currencies, including AED. Their current account links with the multi-currency card so you can Ispend AED in Dubai. So happen they also offer AED fixed term deposit. I think they just set up AED this year for people who are looking to relocate to UAE/ Dubai this is a hot topic.2
-
Thank you all for the recommendations. I will check iFAST. Earning interest is attractive. I am based in the UK, but I am looking to move to the UAE. So, I want to convert money in AED and also send money in AED to my UAE bank account. Does iFAST offer good rates to send money to UAE?0
-
Have a look at the Global Money account offered by HSBC as an option.
https://www.hsbc.co.uk/current-accounts/products/global-money/
HSBC offer accounts in UAE which should also make international transfers between HSBC accounts in more then one country straightforward1 -
I used HSBC global money and had no issues1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
