We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Dead end …is it a scam

Had an e mail from a company saying my order was being sent with an invoice . 
It was for a bracelet set £89.99 my name , address , phone number and e mail . 
It had been paid with a Mastercard . 
I never ordered it so ignored it thinking it a scam . 
The parcel arrived , lovely bracelet but I never ordered it . What’s worrying me is someone ordered it , has all my details but I have an IVA in place and the card used was an old card of mine from over 4 years ago which I no longer have as it was included in my IVA . 
I went to my old bank think the lady thought I was going mad because even though I know I didn’t order it no one seems to be worried but someone is using my details but why when it was sent to me ?? 
Any help or advice please 

Comments

  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 4,414
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Had an e mail from a company saying my order was being sent with an invoice . 
    It was for a bracelet set £89.99 my name , address , phone number and e mail . 
    It had been paid with a Mastercard . 
    I never ordered it so ignored it thinking it a scam . 
    The parcel arrived , lovely bracelet but I never ordered it . What’s worrying me is someone ordered it , has all my details but I have an IVA in place and the card used was an old card of mine from over 4 years ago which I no longer have as it was included in my IVA . 
    I went to my old bank think the lady thought I was going mad because even though I know I didn’t order it no one seems to be worried but someone is using my details but why when it was sent to me ?? 
    Any help or advice please 
     Do you know what company sent it? Is there a return address? Have you contacted them to query it? 

    2026 wins - Parker Pen American Sweets bundle 2x dish magic bundle NEU shots & a NEU training T-shirt ToeZone Shoes Worth £32

  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 21,816
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Had an e mail from a company saying my order was being sent with an invoice . 
    It was for a bracelet set £89.99 my name , address , phone number and e mail . 
    It had been paid with a Mastercard . 
    I never ordered it so ignored it thinking it a scam . 
    The parcel arrived , lovely bracelet but I never ordered it . What’s worrying me is someone ordered it , has all my details but I have an IVA in place and the card used was an old card of mine from over 4 years ago which I no longer have as it was included in my IVA . 
    I went to my old bank think the lady thought I was going mad because even though I know I didn’t order it no one seems to be worried but someone is using my details but why when it was sent to me ?? 
    Any help or advice please 
    How do you know that the MasterCard linked to this transaction is your old card?
  • Jude57
    Jude57 Posts: 874
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Had an e mail from a company saying my order was being sent with an invoice . 
    It was for a bracelet set £89.99 my name , address , phone number and e mail . 
    It had been paid with a Mastercard . 
    I never ordered it so ignored it thinking it a scam . 
    The parcel arrived , lovely bracelet but I never ordered it . What’s worrying me is someone ordered it , has all my details but I have an IVA in place and the card used was an old card of mine from over 4 years ago which I no longer have as it was included in my IVA . 
    I went to my old bank think the lady thought I was going mad because even though I know I didn’t order it no one seems to be worried but someone is using my details but why when it was sent to me ?? 
    Any help or advice please 
    How do you know that the MasterCard linked to this transaction is your old card?
    I've noticed with online purchases, often invoices/dispatch notes show the last four digits of the card used to pay for the items. Also, I recently arranged collection by Royal Mail of some parcels and needed them to provide postage labels. To facilitate that, I was asked to give the name, address, phone number and email address of the recipients. 

    OP, is it possible that someone has sent you a gift but hasn't included a message so you'd know who it's from?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.