We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Mis sold Car Finance Reclaim

Having followed all Martins advice to find previous finance agreements, I have found only 1. I know that during the qualifying period, I had many more car finance agreements. I can't remember the reg numbers and have no record of previous bank details (as I change my current accounts regularly). Should I engage a claims firm? Do they have any "special powers" to locate these finance agreements? I have done everything I can to locate past details.
Thanks in advance

Comments

  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,147 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Claims firms have "No Special" powers...
    Except the ability to rob you blind 🤣

    On a separate note, there is a dedicated section for car claims in Motoring section..
    Life in the slow lane
  • Having followed all Martins advice to find previous finance agreements, I have found only 1. I know that during the qualifying period, I had many more car finance agreements. I can't remember the reg numbers and have no record of previous bank details (as I change my current accounts regularly). Should I engage a claims firm? Do they have any "special powers" to locate these finance agreements? I have done everything I can to locate past details.
    Thanks in advance
    They have access to less than you, they can send a speculative claim to a number of firms but you can do that too but if your record keeping is so poor you dont have anything at all its very much a fishing trip and would only work if you never moved home. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.