We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Credit cards whose app / website that have passcode (numbers) not password (letters) login
gwernybwch
Posts: 215 Forumite
in Credit cards
I am shortly going to apply for a new credit card with 0% spending.
But I am dyslexic so really struggle with apps / websites where part of the login is to type in the 3rd, 5th, 7th etc letter of your password. I invariably write the password down and then count which letter is which. This kinda defeats the object of the security!
I find that apps that use a passcode / numbers much easier to use and remember.
Looking at the current list of those that have the longest period of 0% spending, I think that I would prefer one of M&S Bank, TSB or Tesco Bank.
Anyone know if M&S Bank, TSB or Tesco Bank use passcodes (numbers) not password (letters) to login into their app?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
0
Comments
-
Have you considered using your fingerprint to login rather than using a password. I can confirm that the Tesco app works that way once you have set it up2
-
Aqua (browser) 5-digit passwords from which you have to enter just 3 digits .However, the starting credit limit can be small even for a person with decent income and good credit history.Barclaycard app - 5 digits (all to enter).TSB - random characters from alphanumerical memorable information (app) plus alphanumerical password (browser).Halifax - the same.
1 -
Nationwide request 3 digits from your passcode0
-
My M&S credit card app is a 6 digit numerical pin
My TSB bank account is x, y and z characters of my memorable information (which ironically I can't remember, but assume it's letters!)
Both accounts allow me to use Face ID so I don't ever have to enter any of this information - could you set this up as an alternative?
1 -
This, hard to forget your fingers or face - works for my Santander, Lloyds, Halifax, BOS, Tesco, Nationwide, Asda, TSB & MBNA accounts along with many others.Neil49 said:Have you considered using your fingerprint to login rather than using a password. I can confirm that the Tesco app works that way once you have set it up
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
Not had a TSB card for a while but M&S and Tesco both work with Face ID.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


