We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Renault data amd motability

2»

Comments

  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,101 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sncjw said:
    Hi 

    I got an email from renault tonight saying there's been a cyber attack and my data has been taken. They cant say what has been taken but can included 

    First name & surname
    •Date of birth
    •Gender
    •Phone number
    •Email address
    •Postal address
    •Vehicle Identification Number
    •Vehicle registration number


    I am now worried what had been taken and I am also a motability customer. I am worried they could use all this data to make fraud claims or even track or attack the car oe house. 

    Would i be able to get a different car thro8gh motab because of this? 



    There is a massive thread on a Renault facebook group. One thing that came out is only people effected are getting the email & many are not Motability customers.
    Various names have cropped up from dealers to 3rd parties who are used to connect to car for some services. As yet Renault will not confirm who it is.

    Life in the slow lane
  • Suzycoll
    Suzycoll Posts: 340 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sncjw said:
    Hi 

    I got an email from renault tonight saying there's been a cyber attack and my data has been taken. They cant say what has been taken but can included 

    First name & surname
    •Date of birth
    •Gender
    •Phone number
    •Email address
    •Postal address
    •Vehicle Identification Number
    •Vehicle registration number


    I am now worried what had been taken and I am also a motability customer. I am worried they could use all this data to make fraud claims or even track or attack the car oe house. 

    Would i be able to get a different car thro8gh motab because of this? 



    Hi

    I also had this e mail . I only recall one interaction with Renault (test drive)  a while back.

    I am also worried & astonished from the replies to your post ! People seem to be casual about your worries.

    Yes , hacking is 'common' . Renault is a big company & should look after people's personal information.

    I can't directly answer your question sorry but don't think you will get a new car.

    I have e mailed Renault DP department to ask what data of mine has been stolen & to request delete all my data 

    Best wishes 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.