We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
"YourRepair" - boiler breakdown cover
Comments
-
fighting_the_good_fight said:This company let me down when I needed them, after I'd been paying them for two years. Their responses were slow and unhelpful, the engineer they sent seemed to struggle with the boiler and left without telling me, and when I complained I was fobbed off, including them telling me there's no higher / independent body to complain to (there is - the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman). Does anyone know of a trustworthy Boiler Breakdown company?
Why not just search for a good reliable boiler service engineer in your area - ask neighbours / friends for recommendations
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
Weeks without heating or hot water, missed appointments, contradictory decisions, and poor communication. YourRepair accepted my claim, then reversed it, then contradicted themselves again. Their CP12 inspection missed issues they later relied on to refuse the repair. I had to replace the boiler privately. Even the Ombudsman recognised their service failings. I cannot recommend this company.
So,
Weeks without heating or hot water, contradictory decisions, and poor service throughout
I took out a boiler repair plan with YourRepair and had an extremely poor experience from start to finish.
When my boiler failed in February, YourRepair accepted the claim but then left the property without heating or hot water for weeks during winter. Appointments were missed or rearranged, communication was inconsistent, they needed much chasing up and were hard to communicate with, all the while the tenants had to cope without heating or hot water.
On 4 March, YourRepair sent two contradictory emails within minutes — one rejecting the repair, and one authorising it. This caused confusion and further delays.
Their engineer later claimed the boiler was “incorrectly installed” and the flue excluded, despite YourRepair completing a CP12 inspection just weeks earlier which identified no installation issues.
So, after already weeks of leaving us hanging, they said I had to get installation jobs done independently before they could consider helping.
Because of the delays, contradictory decisions, and loss of trust, I had no choice but to replace the boiler privately.
Even the Ombudsman recognised YourRepair’s service failings and contradictory communication. However, YourRepair’s final response accepted no responsibility for the impact of the delays or the contradictory decisions, and offered only two months’ free cover and a refund of the excess.
Based on my experience, I cannot recommend YourRepair. The service was unreliable, communication was chaotic, and the impact on the tenants was unacceptable.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
