We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Formel D Citroen Airbag Recall Warning ⚠️

After my nearest dealer not being unable to get air bags for my August 5th appt I contacted Formel D and was given a date of August 18th. The technician arrived 3 hours late but with airbags so was just pleased he had turned up. After they were fitted it showed a pretensioner/airbag fault which hadn't been there previously. He told me it might go with driving? or just to go to a garage or the dealer and have the code cleared. I contacted Formel D who sent flip and unhelpful emails...old car new tech, we never touched your pre-tensioners. Cut to Monday...I drive 45 miles to the only dealer in the North East Scotland to find out out that the drivers airbag had not been connected. I had a certificate to say my recall had been successfully completed but had an unsafe car. IF YOU USE FORMEL D AND HAVE THIS FAULT PLEASE GET YOUR CAR CHECKED PROPERLY AT A CITROEN DEALER.
I will, of course, raise this as a complaint with Citroen and Formel D but I feel I won't get anywhere with it.

*~Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly,
laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile!!~*

Comments

  • Abigail16
    Abigail16 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

    Interesting. Formel D are currently involved in a 'new' Airbag Recall campaign for Vauxhall cars - May 2026. I have never experienced such a shambolic affair. Appointments with Formel D are issued at short notice and totally are inflexible. Appointments made with dealerships are subsequently cancelled. I don't have any advice as it is still an ongoing process (for me). No matter who is contacted i.e. Vauxhall, Formel D, or local dealerships - nobody seems to have a clue; all have conflicting reports on what is supposed to happen. Meanwhile, I am driving a vehicle with a faulty part. Who do I sue if, God forbid, my current airbag fails to activate when needed?! Can I trust Vauxhall or Formel D to repair my vehicle properly?

  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 5,041 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Vauxhall and Citroen are both part of the Stellantis group these days.

  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 8,614 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 22 May at 10:18AM

    If it's a Takata airbag that's been recalled, the last thing you want is it going off in an accident.

    They found a cheap explosive material to fire the airbag in an accident. The explosive pellet needs to be carefully matched to the size of the airbag. But this cheap explosive gets more powerful as it ages. So instead of going "bang" and filling the airbag with gas, it goes "BANG" and sends bits of steering wheel everywhere, including into your face.

    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.