We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Fuchsia dying or struggling this year
Comments
-
My potted fuchsia has lost all its leaves but the ones in the ground have been fine. Fuchsias are alpine plants so dislike warm soil. I suspect this is why my fuchsia has probably died.1
-
Fuchsias are ok with warmth as long as it's not super-hot.
They are sensitive to water though. Won't cope with waterlogging or drying out for very long. People who grow them for shows water twice a day - little and often, and use compost that's been opened out with perlite or vermiculite
Can be tricky if you go on holiday. I used to rig up a capilliary mat2 -
I’ve grown fuchsias for some 30 years for enjoyment and showing. This year the plants are failing to grow, loose their leaves and die. The compost is the same, feeding the same so a very disappointing year. At 85 could be my last year
1 -
Can you post an image?
0 -
Have you chwckd the roots ?
0 -
I've had some success with the biological controls for gall mite. My pot grown "Mrs Popple" was badly affected last year, but I've been using the biological control sachets and so far, so good.
I did give her a good prune as well this winter.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
