We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Travelling abroad without a smartphone

124»

Comments

  • mksysb
    mksysb Posts: 454 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    If you want one for travelling, it's a good idea to find one that has an e-sim. Just load up the e-sim for the country you are visiting and it will be way cheaper than using your uk sim.

  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 36,586 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!

    Original thread started Jun 2025 and the OP has since deleted their MSE account.

  • vllxrl
    vllxrl Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post Name Dropper

    Totally agree! I used to rely on roaming whenever I travelled, but then I found out that using an eSIM can be much cheaper. I tried the Kaspersky eSIM Store on a trip to Spain and found it really convenient. I could set everything up before the trip and have mobile data as soon as I arrived, without worrying about roaming charges. I purchased 10GB and it was fully enough for daily using social media during 7 days trip.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.