Who do i complain to?

I have got as far as i am going to get with Scottish Power, its one disaster to another. What is the governing body that deals with complaints when you get nowhere with your supplier?

Comments

• pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Judi wrote:
    I have got as far as i am going to get with Scottish Power, its one disaster to another. What is the governing body that deals with complaints when you get nowhere with your supplier?

ENERGYWATCH(Gas and Electicity Consumer Council),is the independent body that deal with complaints like this.I have used them,they successfully sorted my problem out.

Visit https://www.energywatch.org.uk

If you are thinking of ringing them the alternative geographical number to
    08459 06 07 08, is 0207 654 9740.
    PF.
  • loon_2
    loon_2 Posts: 180 Forumite
    what's the problem? i'll be able to tell you if EW can help.
    Beware the green?
  • kgn
    kgn Posts: 1 Newbie
    Thank you for post and replies

I've found NPower is also not quite just in their actions and will have to do something about it:

Basically they allow themselves 28 days (actual time: 8/4-15/5) from my call and verbal agreement to set up their end of the desired contract (in my case dd on both gas and electricity to achieve annual discount of £50). They then take a further 3 1/2 months (15/5-27/8) before the dd is set up.

The excuse is that it takes that length of time to agree a meter reading between ex-supplier and themselves and that they are not legally able to charge me sooner.

They allow themselves to not pay you back your annual refund until, in effect, 1 yr 5 1/2 months (only put discount on bill following the year!) later, stating that it's annual from the time of the dd set up! And all the while you have written contract in the mail from 8 April.

All this ties you to their company for longer than necessary as obviously you won't be leaving before you have received your £50. Though the first dd bill covers June and July, i.e. I should get my discount in June at least they are not moving on the issue.

One shall have words.

(ps if there is a link to another thread on same, please let me know)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure