Hello again....

Options

Comments

• NoMoreExcuses
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice and support...again! I think that all he can do is offer to pay what he can every month, and so i suppose that is why he will not go BR. I also think that is one of the reasons he left so willingly, I think he thought he had put us through enough. Richard, it does sound like you went through hell, and what a better man you are for it. I am a firm believer in things happening for a reason and I think you went BR to help us all!! Tiger Feet - thanks for those links - very useful.
    I have to say, it does make me laugh when some posters think that going BR is just having your cake and eating it.
    I think I have got to go BR and leave the rest to him to sort out.

So - 1st things 1st - Make an appointment? Print off forms? Make a list of owes? What do you reckon?
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    These are the forms so you can see for yourself. They look daunting, but an advisor and/or we can help you if you get stuck.

Debtors Bankruptcy Petition:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/forms/form6-27.pdf

Statement of Affairs (Debtor's Petition):

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/forms/6-28.pdf

Plus you need to read the guidance notes which give some basic help in filling them in.

Statement of Affairs (Debtors Petition) (Guidance Notes):

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/fo...rsguidance.pdf
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Hi NME,

I think you owe it to yourself to get the whole thing done and behind you as quickly as possible.

Make the Court appointment, and then get stuck into the forms. Little and often is the best approach if you're not a good form filler. Don't worry about the details of account numbers and balances; the O.R can get hold of those easily enough.

If you get stuck on the forms almost everybody on here has completed them so there's plenty of assisstance available.

Once you've made the appointment and got started with the forms, I'll bet you start to feel a whole lot better, just for having taken control.

Regards

Richard
  • NoMoreExcuses
    Options
    Do I make the appointment and then the forms then?

Am going to spend the weekend "linking" as opposed to drinking!!!

Then on Monday will make appointment...do I just ring or do i go down there....yikes!!!
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi NME - it depends where you live as to what order you need to do things. For example, in my area I go to the Royal Courts of Justice and you just turn up with your forms filled in (no need to book an appointment). Some courts you have to book an appointment so it is worth checking first. As it is the weekend now you could start filling in the forms and phone the court on Monday. I am in the process of filling in the forms myself and they are daunting. Just one question at a time and if you get stuck there are plenty of people on here who can help. Good luck!

:j :j

• NoMoreExcuses
    Options
    Just had a look at some of these forms and I dont know where to start!!!

My situation isnt so cut and dried and how do you proportion your debt when you are separated? How do you find out if your court is the same as someone elses court? Maybe I could look online...sorry, thinking aloud now! :)
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi

Can you make a list of my debts, his debts (then ignore them) and joint debts?

Since you are jointly liable for the joint debts, you have to include them as well as your own. it does not currently matter about the legal status of your relationship in dealing with them.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Richard_S
    Options
    Hi NME,

Start at question 1.:D Don't even look at question 2, let alone the rest of the form.

You don't apportion debts, if you're a party to them just the name of the lender, the account number, if you've got it, and the amount of the debt; if you don't know it, guess it.

I subscribe to the old maxim KISS; Keep It Simple Stupid.:D The forms are not supposed to a work of science or maths; they're an indication to the Court that you're insolvent; the O.R will correct any errors or ommissions.

Whatever the Court system, the best thing to start on is the forms. You can complete them on line, and then save them to go back to, or you can print the blank forms off and then just pencil in your answers to the questions.

I must confess that mine were 100% accurate, cross referenced, indexed and filed. The outcome: I'd done the O.R's job for him and he had more time to look for what I was trying to hide.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Moral: there are instances where being disorganised is the best approach.:D :D

Next time I go bankrupt, they can do it for me.;) ;)

Richard
  • NoMoreExcuses
    Options
    I always said that KISSING was an underated hobby ;)
  • Richard_S
    Options
    I always said that KISSING was an underated hobby ;)

Not with me it's not.....:o :p:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport