We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pond liner

I have a pond with a butyl liner which is too big. I am going to make it smaller.
Can I reuse the liner to make a smaller pond?

Comments

  • david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,994
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Why not????
  • caprikid1
    caprikid1 Posts: 2,657
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Depends how old it is, I have done it before but it never settle and cracked as it had formed in the previous shape.

    That was 40 years ago now and the probably are a lot better !
  • Why not????
    I think so too but maybe someone will have tried and had problems - hence my question
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 9,359
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    It's probably worth getting new.
    The cheaper one I bought is fine for a small ornimental pond and about £20 so will be a bit more now.

    I'd say that unless you enjoy renovating ponds a cheap newer one will last longer. It will be easier to fit too unless you don't mind if it's not exactly the fit you want. I wouldn't but it will be more irritating to fit.

    I guess a lot depends on what condition the old one is in and what grade it was originally.

    I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!

    viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

    The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well


  • Well I didn't change it and it made the job a lot easier.
    If I remember I will update this every 6 months in case anyone else wants to know in future.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.