We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Problem with HMRC online account

I owed £70 for the tax year 2023 - 24 which I paid in full in December 24 - I received confirmation and my online tax account showed that no further payments were due for that year - however I just checked my online account today and it's now showing that the £70 is still owing again - don't understand why as I paid in full and previously it was showing that nothing more was due 
Has anyone else come across this issue ? 

Comments

  • sbchel said:
    I owed £70 for the tax year 2023 - 24 which I paid in full in December 24 - I received confirmation and my online tax account showed that no further payments were due for that year - however I just checked my online account today and it's now showing that the £70 is still owing again - don't understand why as I paid in full and previously it was showing that nothing more was due 
    Has anyone else come across this issue ? 
    Is it actually saying you have to pay £70 or just that is what your liability for 2023-24 is?

    The fact you have paid £70 doesn't alter the fact that is what you owed for that year.
  • butterflymum
    butterflymum Posts: 1,049
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Did you by any chance take a screenshot of it stating no more payments were due?
    butterfly )i(
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 25,324
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Known glitch which was to be fixed 7 April. 

    Report on another forum has now been fixed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.