We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What to do about this sycamore tree?

13»

Comments

  • silverwhistle
    silverwhistle Posts: 4,278 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Sycamore is fast growing and self seeding, ask me how I know.:-)

    I rented my house out for 7 years whilst I lived abroad and the tenant was not a gardener.., so when I came back there were two sycamores, one in the back garden and an impressive one in my front garden growing out of a hedge to probably roof height. The one at the back my neighbour popped round with a chain saw and the one at the front I got the housing association (to whom I'd rented) to remove. A little persistence was needed on some regrowth but just like minor regular pruning with normal gardening tools.

    Glad you've sorted yours and this thread may help others with random sycamores!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.