We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Wrong NINO for 16 Years
AL11POJ
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi All,
Need a bit of advice regarding my National Insurance Number.
I arrived in the UK in 2008. Since then i believe i have been allocated an incorrect NINO. I used to get letters from HMRC for another lady that had my details on it. I queried this and back in 2012 i visited my local HMRC office (when they had one!) to get this corrected. They issued me another NINO.
I have been working and contributing NI for years, but the government website cant locate my details.
I have tried to call them on multiple occasions but get cut off after so long on hold.
Any advice on how to investigate this further ?
Need a bit of advice regarding my National Insurance Number.
I arrived in the UK in 2008. Since then i believe i have been allocated an incorrect NINO. I used to get letters from HMRC for another lady that had my details on it. I queried this and back in 2012 i visited my local HMRC office (when they had one!) to get this corrected. They issued me another NINO.
I have been working and contributing NI for years, but the government website cant locate my details.
I have tried to call them on multiple occasions but get cut off after so long on hold.
Any advice on how to investigate this further ?
0
Comments
-
At the moment HMRC are snowed under with the state pension deadline looming. Likely better writing a letter with all the details and leaving them to try and sort it, unlikely to get done over the phone.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
