We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
LGPS Prudential AVC Funds
Comments
-
Initially I stuck with their default fund but following the Liz Truss downturn I switched to 100% cash s3.
what Liz Truss downturn?
Gilt yields started increasing in 2021 with unit prices falling at the same time. That was before Liz Truss. They continued to fall after Liz Truss though to 2023. They stabilised over 2024 but have continued to get worse since
Chart on left is Jan 2021 to date. Chart on right covers Liz Truss PM — 6 Sep to 25 Oct 2022. (red is income reinvested, blue is unit price excluding income).
She made mistakes, but she gets the blame for a lot of things she was not responsible for.
I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.0 -
I was referring to the general fluctuations after her unfortunate budget, having only 4 years to play with I opted for a safer bet.
0 -
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. As expected, its my lack of understanding that 'Cash' in this instance isn't the same as moving it to a normal savings-type account, so likely accounts for the ups & downs I'm seeing. Yesterday it went up about £50, today is down £1.50
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

