We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Collabora Office for Chromebooks
twopenny
Posts: 9,309 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Currently looking for a small device to carry around. Take to an internet group to learn more and the library where I can work in the warm. Also a quick way into the internet on the kitchen worktop and such.
Trying to keep the cost down to around £100 area.
It seems that a Chrome book is the smallest and lightest but I'd like to work offline and have a keyboard. The one downside is I thought you can only use them with the internet. Now I've found this "Collabora Office for Chromebooks"
Can anyone advise if this is workable? Can I have something on a Chromebook that can be used offline sucessfully? It says something to that effect but I wonder.
Use for a word document only with images. Hoping to import those images from a memory/usb stick.
I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!
viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on
The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well
0
Comments
-
You can use the regular Google apps like docs offline; no need for an extra app.
https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chromebook/howto/set-up-offline-mode/0 -
Oh that's good news
I've already started practising one of the online ones suggested before.Then got distracted. I'll check it out.I can rise and shine - just not at the same time!
viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on
The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards