Vet UK codes

Options

Comments

• heskpesk
    heskpesk Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    Options
    Dalkirst wrote: »
    I got it for about this price some time ago so i think this is pretty much standard price.

Yes I think it is standard price but thought i would post under grab it forum as the code runs out on the 21/08
  • Angua2
    Angua2 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    Fab find - my moggy and I thank you. :beer:
    Still waiting for Dyson to bring out a ride-on hoover...
    Memberships:
    Bad Alba Mothers Purchase Only Tanqueray
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    People who still order these frrom their vets need their heads examining. Last time we went to see our vet he asked if we needed any Frrontline as we hadn't ordered any for a while. Err, no thanks, we order online at approx half the cost. His face was a picture. Vets are rich enough IME without making us them even richer, lol.
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • obvious
    obvious Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Money saving tip :-) Buy the large dog (>40KG) 6 pack, some perfume vials and a syringe then just measure out whatever you need. Works out much much cheaper.
  • lumpy_bum
    lumpy_bum Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Options
    i didnt realise till today that they were cheaper online:o

code worked perfectly thankyou:D
    :cool:minds is willing , soul remains, this woman cannot be saved :cool:
    ;);););););););):A;);););););););)

• helenhugs
    helenhugs Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    Options
    Placed my order too, we had run out so I was just panicking about needing to buy some more lol. Last time I went to the vets it cost me nearly £100 with flea treatment & worming tablets etc.
    Quidco & code worked great too thanks :)
    Hugs
    Helen
    We don't need to do it perfectly - good enough is exactly that GOOD ENOUGH.
    Good Enough Club member number 8
    :j £2 coin club = now in a sealed tin so I'm not sure
  • heskpesk
    heskpesk Posts: 2,006 Forumite
    Options
    helenhugs wrote: »
    Placed my order too, we had run out so I was just panicking about needing to buy some more lol. Last time I went to the vets it cost me nearly £100 with flea treatment & worming tablets etc.
    Quidco & code worked great too thanks :)
    Hugs
    Helen

Hi Helen im the OP and just thought I would let you know that the site do good value worming tablets as well.
  • mummyof3boys_2
    Options
    obvious wrote: »
    Money saving tip :-) Buy the large dog (>40KG) 6 pack, some perfume vials and a syringe then just measure out whatever you need. Works out much much cheaper.

Please Please do not do this, I have worked in veterinary practices for a long time and this is a guaranteed way to overdose your cat and possibly kill it. Much much better to buy the product specifically for cats.
  • Stoopid
    Stoopid Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    People who still order these frrom their vets need their heads examining. Last time we went to see our vet he asked if we needed any Frrontline as we hadn't ordered any for a while. Err, no thanks, we order online at approx half the cost. His face was a picture. Vets are rich enough IME without making us them even richer, lol.

Just a word in defense of Vets.
    They are self employed, and do not get paid by the gov just for having patients on their books even if they never see them - like GP's do. GP's get paid whether they have sick patients or not.
    I looked into Vet as possible career for dd. They do not get brilliant pay, and their training as about as long as for a Dr, and they need higher A' level and GCSE grades and are expected to work throughout their university holidays in placements - often unpaid, as part and parcel of their training.
    So when you visit the vet and write that cheque, you are not just paying for the medication, but also the vets time, the overheads on the premesis, the receptionists salary etc.

I totally agree that a visit to the vets is something not only our cat/dog dreads - so do I, but maybe if vets were given an income like GP's for just being there to support their community, they would not have to add their own charge on top of the medication bill.
    Just think of all the RSPCA and PDSA centres - you don't see charitable or means tested health care for humans, well, not until after the next election perhaps.;)

DD loves animals, and is keen to train as a vet, but I am seriously worried that the end result in terms of financial stability, will not be worth all the hard work and studying involved.
  • Dalkirst
    Dalkirst Posts: 9,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    heskpesk wrote: »
    Yes I think it is standard price but thought i would post under grab it forum as the code runs out on the 21/08

They will more than likely just offer a new code as i used a 5% code when i ordered from them at around this price as i said last year:)

P.S you ain't really supposed to post codes in this forum either;)
    Darren
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport