Help!!!!

I have 2 flights booked for scotland on 2 jan. I was going to see celtic v Rangers which has been cancelled. Question is can i claim the tax part of the flight cost if i dont go??

Comments

• exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes you can, but no matter what airline issued the ticket you can expect to pay an administration fee (£10-25) to recover the tax you've paid, therefore it may not be worthwhile. Name the airline and I'll be able to tell you what the admin fee will be.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Question is can i claim the tax part of the flight cost if i dont go??

Yes, but I think you will find that most airlines have an "admin" fee that is larger that the tax.
    You need to ask your airline what their admin fee is for processing the refund.

Can you sell the flights on ebay? (will they transfer names).
  • I have booked with Easyjet
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    11.2. Taxes and Charges
    If after having made a reservation you do not fly with us, whether or not a refund of the Fare is payable you will be entitled to claim a refund of any APD advised to you and payable by you in accordance with Article 5.2, which as a consequence we have no obligation to pay to any Government or other authority. We reserve the right to deduct a reasonable service charge from any such refund where you fail to fly with us despite a Flight being available.

The charge is £15.
  • Teahfc
    Teahfc Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    berbatov10 wrote: »
    I have 2 flights booked for scotland on 2 jan. I was going to see celtic v Rangers which has been cancelled. Question is can i claim the tax part of the flight cost if i dont go??

With a name like that you should be at Villa park tomorrow not Glasgee on Wednesday :beer:
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''
  • But if you believe the popular pres Berbatov could be playing anywhere except Villa Park by tomorrow!! And i couldnt miss the chance to go to an Old Firm game!
  • Thanks all for your help especially excel1966 who seems to be the font on this subject,how did you find that??? Easyjet site is not user friendly!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure