We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Busting this debt before 40

1…1011121416

Comments

  • Rhyddid2026
    Rhyddid2026 Posts: 1,539
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have one of those clocks that gradually lights up before the alarm. It really helps in winter.
    Is today the day??!!??
    Debts                04/01/25       01/09/26  
    CC1                   £14,122.71     - 
    CC2                     -                   £6,975
    CC3                   £6,112.60      £6,495
    1st Direct CC     £176.03         £151.44
    CC total             £20,411.34    £13,621.44
    OD                     £1100            £0
    Car loan             £4,000          £2,400
    1st Direct Loan  £10,684.44    £3,825
    Total                  £36,195.78    £19,846.44
    EF £2,800
    HF £3
    EB £250
  • Congratulations!  I can't wait for that moment!
    MBNA: Jan 2025 =£10,413.25, Feb 2026 =£0
    HSBC Loan: Jan 2025 £15,156.57, Feb 2026 =£8,982.25

    Total: Jan 2025= £27,688.27, March 2026 = £7,982.25, May 2026 = £6,982.25
  • 1stTimer
    1stTimer Posts: 588
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    🥳🥳 Huge congratulations!
    The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #26 £667.95/£667.95✔️
    Save £12k in 2026 #12 £13,201.88/£7500

    Car Loan
    Dec 25- £14,114.74 (60mth) / paid off Aug 2026
  • Rhyddid2026
    Rhyddid2026 Posts: 1,539
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Congratulations!! 🎉🎉
    That must feel so good! You've pretty much performed a miracle in my eyes, I hope you feel very proud of yourself.
    Debts                04/01/25       01/09/26  
    CC1                   £14,122.71     - 
    CC2                     -                   £6,975
    CC3                   £6,112.60      £6,495
    1st Direct CC     £176.03         £151.44
    CC total             £20,411.34    £13,621.44
    OD                     £1100            £0
    Car loan             £4,000          £2,400
    1st Direct Loan  £10,684.44    £3,825
    Total                  £36,195.78    £19,846.44
    EF £2,800
    HF £3
    EB £250
  • Sarahwithlove
    Sarahwithlove Posts: 3,502
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Congratulations on being debt free! That's so exciting 
    *Dad loan - £7000 - £7000
    *Tesco Credit Card (0% 9/9/27) - £3623.18 - £3623.18
    *Nationwide Loan - £11,000 -£11000.00
    *Total Debt - £21623.18/£21623.18*


    Savings
    *Sinking Fund - £1400/2000
    *Emergency Fund - £0/£3000


    New diary- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6474943/the-three-cs-coffee-clothes-credit-cards/
  • Congratulations!  I can't wait for that moment!
    Thank you!  You’ll get there too, you’ve already made fantastic progress. :smile:
    Debt free dairy. Busting this debt before 42. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6655663/busting-this-debt-before-42#latest

    Starting date January 2026
    Car loan: £23,000 / £12,825
    Laptop loan: £1,500 / £0

    I eat far too much chocolate...
  • Congratulations on being debt free! That's so exciting 
    Thank you!  It still feels a bit unreal.  I’ve been so focused on it, I need to focus that energy elsewhere now!
    Debt free dairy. Busting this debt before 42. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6655663/busting-this-debt-before-42#latest

    Starting date January 2026
    Car loan: £23,000 / £12,825
    Laptop loan: £1,500 / £0

    I eat far too much chocolate...
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 15,712
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    That's wonderful! Congratulations!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

    Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
    2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.