We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Vinted - Parcel not delivered but refusing to refund me
Comments
-
Many thanks for your input @soolin. Latest development ....
Now I have had a message from Vinted to say that they have been delivered and received by the buyer, me! I have not received them. Just checked on the InPost tracking site and it says that the parcels have been returned to the senders and received by the senders. Messaged the senders and they have not received them. What the heck!!! How do I deal with this? Report an issue under 'parcel not received' or 'parcel returned to sender' or something else? Do both buyer and seller report the issue? Panicking now as I guess I only have 2 days to report this mess anyhoo....aarrgghh
0 -
I'd report it every single way you can, just to get Vinted to notice. Another of my Yodel items was apparently delivered but buyer hadn't received it - they reported it to Vinted and the sale was suspended. However a few days later the buyer was refunded and my funds were released.Miró said:Many thanks for your input @soolin. Latest development ....
Now I have had a message from Vinted to say that they have been delivered and received by the buyer, me! I have not received them. Just checked on the InPost tracking site and it says that the parcels have been returned to the senders and received by the senders. Messaged the senders and they have not received them. What the heck!!! How do I deal with this? Report an issue under 'parcel not received' or 'parcel returned to sender' or something else? Do both buyer and seller report the issue? Panicking now as I guess I only have 2 days to report this mess anyhoo....aarrgghhI’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.1 -
Hi sorry to jump on this thread but also after advise. Mine is slightly different.
I bought a landing net handle for fishing off vinted and the tube turned up empty in the shop. I actually emailed vinted from the shop where I was and the guy in the shop said it all on CCTV of me showing him it was empty a the the cap on the bottom of the tube had come off.
Vinted said respond within 48 hours I actually sent within 5 minutes then they replied saying it wasn't enough evidence. So I sent more pictures of the empty tube and the postage label from my house when I got home . Again they said this wasn't enough evidence and if i didn't reply within 48nhours the case would be closed . So again I sent pictures. 3 times altogether and then after 48 hours they took my £40 and paid the seller. And said once the decision is made there is nothing they can do. I have gone round in circles with the shocking customer service and they are still saying nothing can be done now.
I have been in contact with DPD ,as has the seller , and they are saying it's down to vinted .
What an absolute joke the customer service is. It's like they haven't even looked or read my messages and send a standard message out.
Is there nothing I can do now and just accept I've been done out of £40 which I had saved in my vinted account buy selling stuff over the last year?
mmmm free stufffffffff
0 -
All you can do is try the legal@Vinted.co. uk email.
I have a similar issue as the seller and am trying to help my buyer - and 5 days on I can't even get a response anymore from Vinted.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
Just checked Trustpilot reviews for Vinted because I'm having trouble getting a refund for something that hasn't arrived. Almost 50% are appalling; almost 50% are obviously fake. YET the AI summary says mostly positive. I tried to report it to Trustpilot, and the only way to contact them is through social media. Had a look at the X page, and it's full of complaints too - about Trustpilot!
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/vinted.co.uk?page=5
https://x.com/Trustpilot/status/1919784770260668712
0 -
In fairness aggrieved people are usually more motivated to leave a review. I have a few family members who use Vinted and have had mostly good experiences with a couple of blips, but nothing bad enough to prompt them to leave a review. And it's fairly rare that people with good experiences will take the time to leave a good review.
I personally am wary of using it because of their returns policy making the buyer pay for postage for a SNAD but the few times I have taken the risk have been okay.
1 -
Just received an e-mail and Vinted are changing the name of the "Buyer Protection Fee" to "Vinted Fee". Says it all really.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
1 -
At least that is a more accurate description of what it is.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
I think the idea of an item being delivered to any address but allowed to be used as proof of delivery is appalling. This could leave things open to fraud.
after buying hundreds of items online since moving to a more rural area I’ve only had one issue. I bought something from Amazon and it was delivered to a house about 100 yeards away according to the “evidence” of delivery. Being a good customer of Amazon for years without raising a single issue they refunded the money immediately no questions asked. I hoped the people who ended up with my parcel enjoyed the non glamorous underwear 😹😹😹1 -
I tried to report it to Trustpilot, and the only way to contact them is through social media. Had a look at the X page, and it's full of complaints too - about trustpilot!
I did get a reply from Trustpilot [on X] - which said they'd investigated and HAD found some fake reviews and removed them.
Forgive me for being a tiny bit cynical and thinking it's a set response. I'd have to spend hours checking whether it was true or not, plus, with the mountains of reviews they're handling it would be impossible to act on all reports. I imagine they'd only take action when they have a tsunami of complaints about the same company or something hit the news. It's 50-50 good and bad reviews so as long as everything goes through without hiccups it's fine. Where Vinted is failing now is dealing efficiently and honestly with problems.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



