We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

TSB refusing to change default date - Scottish Trust Deed

Options
ryan92
ryan92 Posts: 589 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Hi there,
I have been in a protected Trust Deed since January 2023 and TSB are refusing to change the default date of my Credit Card to be aligned to the PTD. I have raised a complaint with them that they have not upheld and the FOS won't help either as they are saying the issue is over 6 months ago so won't help.

I was under the impression that the default date should be aligned with when the PTD was granted?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)
Currently in a Trust Deed 43 payments until DEBT FREE - February 2027

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,173 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Not necessarily, if it pre-dates the trust deed, that is OK.

How far out of line are we talking here, months/years?

A few months either way won`t hurt.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • ryan92
    ryan92 Posts: 589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The default date for the Mastercard is showing as August 2023 while the PTD was signed in January 2023. TSB are refusing to change.
    Currently in a Trust Deed 43 payments until DEBT FREE - February 2027
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,173 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Unsure if Scottish law differs from rest of UK, but that is clearly wrong.

If FOS won`t do anything, then your stuck with it, you could raise the matter with the ICO, they deal with anything data related, if you do decide to complain to them, make sure you say you only just noticed the discrepancy, as the 6 month rule may apply to them as well.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure