We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lenders who will lend to less than perfect applicants

Options
I have a list of companies who will lend to people with adverse credit histories. Am I missing any?

Vida
Bluestone
Aldermore
Pepper
Kensington 
Kent Reliance
Foundation Home Loans
Darlington BS
Bath Building Society. 

Are there any others? Are there any to avoid?

Many thanks

Comments

• JustMe18
    JustMe18 Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Together Money - but very high interest rates
  • Angelcrackers
    Angelcrackers Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks. Good to know. Any idea who is likely to be the most competitive rates?
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What you are missing is that many of these Lenders will not deal with you direct. Even if they do you are likely to make a hash of it. Use an independent broker.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    edited 23 May at 4:42PM
    Options
    Can I suggest you speak to a broker? 
    I do a lot of adverse (im not plugging for business btw), 48% of  my adverse customers this year have not ended up with an adverse lender.

By limiting yourself to those types of lenders you might be missing a trick. 

Edit: Sorry, I missed that you had included Bath/Darlington. There are certainly others though. The key is to marry up your adverse with the best lender. As an example, nationwide can accept bankruptcy once discharged for 3 years. But that does not mean you will pass the credit check. 
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Angelcrackers
    Options
    Hi, 

No if we go for it I would definitely use a broker. I'm just trying to get a feel for the likely rates and the criteria by looking at a few websites of the companies and was trying to see if there are others I haven't found.
  • Angelcrackers
    Options
    amnblog said:
    What you are missing is that many of these Lenders will not deal with you direct. Even if they do you are likely to make a hash of it. Use an independent broker.
    Yes I know this. I'm just doing my own research to get more informed before I look into a broker. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure