We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PCP Finance with Cazoo

Options
Gonno_10
Gonno_10 Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi all,

I purchased a car with Cazoo on PCP finance a few years ago with the idea that once the finance agreement ends, if the actual market value of the car is higher than what the lender predicted, I could put the difference towards a new agreement on a different car.

Based on the recent reports of their financial struggles and the almost imminent failure of the business, does anyone know if this is an option still open to me if Cazoo goes bust or am I stuck with either paying the settlement figure or giving up the car?

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 23 May at 11:17AM
    Options
    Yes, finance is provided by a company other than Cazoo, what happens to Cazoo is irrelevant. 

With PCP you have a balloon payment at the end or you hand the car back. Clearly if the car is worth more than the balloon then you buy it from them, if it's less you hand it back. If you want a different car then you effectively buy it from them and instantly trade it in so the new dealer makes the balloon payment for you and either gives you the delta or uses it as a deposit for a new car. 

Note that these things dont always go the way you think though... with our last car on PCP the balloon was about £8k over the value of the vehicle and so was definitely one to hand back and walk away. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure