IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Britannia Parking - appealed but no response received?

Options
Hi there

I received a PCN from Britannia that was not compliant with Sch 4, nor was I the driver. I appealed with the template on this forum. I received a letter asking me to name the driver. I responded to say that I will not be providing the name of the driver, and that the PCN should  be cancelled due to non-compliance.

Britannia had 35 days to provide a response. It has now been around 45 days and I have not heard anything.

Should I follow up, or just wait? 

Many thanks!

Comments

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 895 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Use the complaint link from the BPA AOS members list to complain about the lack of a response to the appeal, cancel or provide the keeper with a Popla code ASAP 

No blabbing about who was driving 
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check the status of the PCN by logging on to Britannia's website as if you were going to pay, but obviously don't do that. It may already have been cancelled but most PPCs never have the curtesy or courage to tell you.

What happened when you complained to the the landowner and your MP?

Check what the BPA CoP says. If it uses the words must or shall, then you can complain to them. If however it says something like, should, or endeavour to, then I would leave it a while longer.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Hana0110
    Hana0110 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gr1pr said:
    Use the complaint link from the BPA AOS members list to complain about the lack of a response to the appeal, cancel or provide the keeper with a Popla code ASAP 

No blabbing about who was driving 
    Noted, I will try this
  • Hana0110
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    Check the status of the PCN by logging on to Britannia's website as if you were going to pay, but obviously don't do that. It may already have been cancelled but most PPCs never have the curtesy or courage to tell you.

What happened when you complained to the the landowner and your MP?

Check what the BPA CoP says. If it uses the words must or shall, then you can complain to them. If however it says something like, should, or endeavour to, then I would leave it a while longer.
    This is really good point. I checked Britannia online and it doesn't give me a status, it just gives me the option to pay or cancel payment. It is still a live PCN but there is no other information. 

I complained to the landowner who said I need to take it up directly with Britannia. I was quite firm in my response when asking for them to cancel the PCN for me. The landowner stopped responding to me after this. I haven't complained to my local MP yet. 

One clause in the BPA CoP has stood out to me:

1. You must respond to appeals within 28 days or, where a decision on the appeal is not concluded within 28 days,you must acknowledge the appeal and confirm the time frame for concluding it, including the supply of additional information.

Britannia said they would respond within 35 days and they did not do so. 

I cannot find where it mentions the words "must" or "shall" as opposed to "should" or "endeavour" though. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Email them a complaint to push it on.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hana0110
    Options
    Hello

So I've emailed a complaint to Britannia. I've also reported it to BPA. I've had no response at all.

Any other suggestions? Or shall I wait some more
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 895 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Wait for the responses, especially from Britannia, so patience 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,173 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hana0110 said:
    Hello

So I've emailed a complaint to Britannia. I've also reported it to BPA. I've had no response at all.

Have you checked your email spam folder for replies?
  • Hana0110
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Hana0110 said:
    Hello

Have you checked your email spam folder for replies?
    Yep, I've been keeping an eye out in the spam folders too. 

I'll remain patient :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport