We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cancelling Google Workspace

Options
Many many many years ago, when Google was just wee, I had a G-Suit account. It was essentially just a google account but aimed at businesses.  I was a sole trader at the time so It was perfect for me as it was free

Years later, Google changed it to something called Google Workspace and started charging for it. 

Now I no longer need my Workspace account and want to cancel it.  However, throughout all the years of having the G-suit and Workspace account, it has been the account the family all used to purchase things from Google like apps and movies.  Here is the problem... If I cancel my workspace account, I lose 72 movies which have been purchased over the years at a total cost of approx £450. 

Google refuse to allow transferring these purchases to a normal account so there are two options. Continue to pay the £6 a month or lose all the purchases. 

I understand this is probably quite a niche problem but wondered if anyone else has experienced the same and perhaps come across some sort of solution? 

Thanks

Comments

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This is a difficult one, in essence a business account has been used as a personal account and by multiple family members. 

Ideally there would have been separate personal and sole trader accounts(both Google and bank) so that HMRC didn’t think you were combining personal expenditure with ‘business’ expenditure. (Each family member would have their own account set up as part of a family group paid for from a personal bank account.  A separate Google Workspace account paid for from the sole trader bank account. )

I can’t think of a way around this I’m afraid. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure