We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

UC First Payment - MIF applied

Options
jadex
jadex Posts: 765 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 22 May at 12:22PM in Benefits & tax credits
Got first payment calculations and there is MIF applied despite me being classed as gainfully self employed and put on Start Up year by my work coach (transition from TC).
The amount we'll use to work out your Universal Credit is £1,556.30

My partner has some note called UCD151a on our journal and MIF has not been applied for her.
I don't have such a note... can this be the reason?

How can I ask them to reconsider and possibly recalculate?

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The UCD151a notice is the notice that confirmed you have been classified as gainfully self-employed. You should have such a note. You should add a note to your journal asking them to investigate why you don't have tha UCD151a note on your journal and to correct the calculation of Universal Credit so that the MIF is not applied to your claim. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure