We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Next Store Account Nor showing interest rate Next.co.uk

Options
siauk
siauk Posts: 17 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Hi, Hopefully I have posted in the correct place as this is a store account question rather than a credit card one.

Do store card / account statements need to display the interest rate that you are being charged?

I can not see it anywhere on my next.co.uk accounts and it says I should get in touch....

TBH I thought I was on the interest free option as I had been paying the Next3Step payment option to avoid interest. I didn't notice I was paying interest until I looked closely...

Thanks all for your help, I tried looking this up but could not really find an answer.....

Si

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 May at 1:20PM
    Options
    I would suspect yes as part of the prescribed information in the Store Cards Market Investigation Order 2006.
    Full information on statements
    Article 3 requires store card providers (as defined in the Order) to display prominently certain key items of information on store card statements. These are detailed in Schedule 2 and outlined below.
    The font size employed for these details must not be less than the largest font size used for transaction and balance details:
    (a) the current APR applicable to purchases (shown in bold);

• siauk
    siauk Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Molerat, I did search and look at a few items such as this but could not fine it.

So thanks for that, yeah I think its really bad that they do no show any details at all of the APR not only on the statements but also anywhere when you login to the account online...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure