🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New Broker - Suggestions appreciated

Options
I've been investing/trading in UK stocks for the past 15 years using UK high street bank brokerage accounts. I'm now considering opening a new broker account which would offer CFDs and options and would pay me interest on my substantial cash balances. Has anybody got any recommendations?  I'm looking for somewhere reputable as I do hold a lot of cash and trade quite large amounts so good execution and speedy cash transfers are more important than trading fees. So far I have looked at Charles Schwab and Interactive Brokers but even their UK sites seem very US centric focussing on US stocks (which I have no interest in) and fees in US dollars. I also want to hold my cash in Sterling and not USD. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

DM

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
  • lr1277
    lr1277 Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am a very light user of XTB (xtb.com).

They trade CFD's and some shares (not sure which as I have never used them for shares).
    My account manager called me to let me know as of this year they pay interest on unsed balances. At the moment they are paying 5.2%.
    Note they have a monthy charge if you don't trade in the previous month.
    I don't believe they offer spread betting.
    They use their own platform and not MT4.
    You get an account manager wo will help you with trading and using the platform, should you require.
    I like their service.
  • demontfort
    demontfort Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks both for your suggestions but l am looking for more reputable platforms. I know 212 (I'm not convinced by Bulgarian financial regulation) but not XTB (wasn't encouraged by their homepage with a picture of a tattooed goon).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure