We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Virgin credit card switch

Options
Aqua1985
Aqua1985 Posts: 51 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I have a Virgin credit card with the 20+ months free balance transfer etc but now think one of the travel cards with points will actually be more useful….will Virgin allow me to switch it or will I need another card / allocation? If so can you have 2 cards and is there a minimum period to wait before applying for card 2? 

Comments

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Aqua1985 said:
    I have a Virgin credit card with the 20+ months free balance transfer etc but now think one of the travel cards with points will actually be more useful….will Virgin allow me to switch it or will I need another card / allocation? If so can you have 2 cards and is there a minimum period to wait before applying for card 2? 

Virgin Money don't allow switches - they do allow multiple products to be held but the only way to know if they're willing to extend further credit to you is to ask them.

The Virgin Atlantic cards don't allow you to apply if you've applied for any Virgin Money credit card in the last 3 months - not sure if that applies to all Virgin Money cards or just the VA ones.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure