We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Then Tax Refund and tax refunds

Options
I wanted to find out where I can find out why this company have received my tax refund when it's not relating to PPI, it was relating to my income, so why has is been sent to this company and how do I get them to and/or the tax office to rectify this?  Income tax refunds tend to be paid out direct via your own bank, I really need to get some help with this ASAP.  As this isn't a PPI claim from the letter I have via HMRC's website.   PLEASE HELP!!

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    At sometime in the past you must have authorised this company to handle your HMRC tax matters, this remains in place until the authorisation is terminated.
  • Dazed_and_C0nfused
    Dazed_and_C0nfused Posts: 13,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mickel73 said:
    I wanted to find out where I can find out why this company have received my tax refund when it's not relating to PPI, it was relating to my income, so why has is been sent to this company and how do I get them to and/or the tax office to rectify this?  Income tax refunds tend to be paid out direct via your own bank, I really need to get some help with this ASAP.  As this isn't a PPI claim from the letter I have via HMRC's website.   PLEASE HELP!!
    Have you read the agreement you signed with this company?

I think you're likely to find you agreed to any income tax tax refund (for specific tax years) being sent to them, the reason for the refund isn't usually a factor.
  • jo2f2001
    jo2f2001 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    It’s not a scam and I like many others fell into the trap of having someone look into my PPI as when I wrote to the people I believed owed me some money they came back and said no, I allowed Allay to look at this and received some money back.  Then I believe that something happened regarding the tax paid and I have now received 3 letters from HRMC for 3 different tax years saying they owe me £111 and £167 for 2 of the tax years and I owe them for 1 tax year £304.  They have sent the cheques to ThenTax and they are paying me £86, so as a single mum I have to find £218, I actually feel sick that they can do this.  Please could someone tell me how I can write to ThenTax and get my name removed as don’t want the hassle or stress of it - thank you in advance 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure