We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Getting a Refund Pay as You Go Meter

Options
fliss29
fliss29 Posts: 2 Newbie
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Hi.   I moved house approx 1 1/2 years ago and I am trying to get a refund for monies in credit on final statement from British Gas for both gas and electricity.   Have rung several times and been told be sent a cheque 14-18 days has be passed to “back office” to process still nothing - who can I complain to.  Tried their complaints number just go through same options and normal number !!!   Any help appreciated to say getting frustrated now would be an under statement. Thanks you

Comments

• Mobtr
    Mobtr Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you actually have credit left on your meter when you left the property or are you just going from the final bill? 
    How much does it say you are in credit? 
  • fliss29
    fliss29 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi.   I was given A final statement £500 plus on one and £20 on other.    Have spoke. With then several times and never disputed. 
  • Mobtr
    Mobtr Posts: 672 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So did you put enough money on your key to ever have £500 credit on your meter when you left the property? 
    Final prepayment bills are rarely correct as it’s just for info at best. You top your meter up, use the energy then top it up again. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure