We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Vanquis what was my apr

Options
magpies79
magpies79 Posts: 142 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
So I’m trying to one tidy up multiple credit cards up that I have open all of them are paid off in full apart from this one I’ve carried a balance on.

Has a £3000 limit always been paid on time never gone over however the apr was horrendous well from what I remember anyway i have just paid off £1,200 have around £150 to pay then it’s done and will close ive looked on statements to find what my apr is but this is all I can find so what is the actual apr on this card would just like to know thanks 

Comments

• magpies79
    edited 16 May at 2:00PM
    Options
    Thanks much appreciated just checked if I’ve done it right it’s coming back at 59%!!! How
    Have I been so lazy and just paid that for Months without noticing is beyond me 
  • Superhoopza
    Superhoopza Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It depends if that interest rate displayed (3.99%) is simple or compound rate. Usually if displayed as a monthly rate then it is a simple rate, so 59.99% is likely the case. Madness.
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Vanquis is one of the sub-prime or "credit-builder" cards, so that horrendous APR is not particularly surprising.  One reason why you should always be aiming to repay in full every month - even more so than with a more mainstream card.
  • magpies79
    Options
    Vanquis is one of the sub-prime or "credit-builder" cards, so that horrendous APR is not particularly surprising.  One reason why you should always be aiming to repay in full every month - even more so than with a more mainstream card.
    Yeah hopefully I’ve had this card for well over 6 years and was my first to build back up a good credit history I’m now at the stage of no missed payments at all for over 6 years on anything but definitely time to get rid of it got a Halifax CC with only £500 limit but just use for my petrol then pay off in full 
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's worth mentioning that, for any credit card, always paying in full is much better for your credit history (not to mention your wallet !) than carrying a balance.
    Carrying a balance (as long as you always pay more than the minimum) is not dreadfully bad from a credit history point of view - and certainly nowhere near as bad as late or missed payments.  But paying in full is even better for your track record, and obviously saves you money as well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure