We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cavity wall insulation query

Options
Hi all

Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. We have a big issue with mold in our home , it's everywhere, despite doing everything we possibly can it keeps coming back, I am at my wits end. I was recently talking to a neighbour who asked if we had cavity wall insulation, had this a few years ago on a government scheme and paid a fraction of the cost, she went on to say that a friend of hers had this done and has had mold ever since. My question is how do I go about tracing the company to see if they can put it right under the guarantee?

Comments

• Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all

Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place. We have a big issue with mold in our home , it's everywhere, despite doing everything we possibly can it keeps coming back, I am at my wits end. I was recently talking to a neighbour who asked if we had cavity wall insulation, had this a few years ago on a government scheme and paid a fraction of the cost, she went on to say that a friend of hers had this done and has had mold ever since. My question is how do I go about tracing the company to see if they can put it right under the guarantee?
    I think you are jumping to conclusions that the insulation is causing the mould. It might be and it might not.
    Can you post more detail about where it occurs the worst and when ( Winter for example ?)
    Poor ventilation is often the problem.
  • littleme1628
    littleme1628 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Hi and thanks 

The mold is all over the house throughout the year, ventilation is definitely not the problem, windows and doors open , we have air vents round the house too , also had a fan fitted . The thing is , we didn't see the mold until after the insulation was done , so more convinced that is the cause.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure