IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Victory!! I won my case as a Defendent against Parking Eye!!

Options
Hello Everyone,
I am thrilled to share some exciting news with you all. After a lengthy battle with Parking Eye, I am elated to announce that I have emerged victorious!
This win is not just a personal victory but a triumph for all who have faced similar challenges with parking enforcement agencies. It highlights the importance of standing up for our rights and holding companies accountable for their actions.
I want to express my gratitude to this forum for providing a platform to share experiences and gather support. Your encouragement and advice have been invaluable throughout this journey.

I wanted share my experience at County Court hearing where I won the case against Parking Eye without any prior experience of dealing with such court proceeding ever in my life.

I want to encourage everyone that this is very much doable as a Layman and if I can do it you can too!!

I prepared my witness statement in a very basic and plain English with no relevant legal language. I presented my argument to the Judge on the grounds of poor signage at the entrance which was obscured.
The Judge agreed with my argument and dismissed the case after a discussion which lasted for around 20 minutes.

Can the senior members of this forum please guide me how I can request compensation from parking eye for the expenses?

If anyone has experience or knowledge in this area, I would greatly appreciate your insights and advice. Your guidance will help me navigate this aspect of the aftermath of the legal victory.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 773 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done 

You should have filed a costs assessment and asked the judge to award it as soon as you won in court, too late now 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 May at 11:54PM
    Options
    Well done (too late for asking for costs now).  But tell us which location this was about and which court, and what their rep said, what you said, etc. We love to hear detailed 'court reports' from Defendants as a blow by blow account.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure