Transferring money from my Spanish account to my UK account

Options
My daughter who lived in Spain until April 2023 is being marred with endless documentation,  both from Spain and from the UK- in order to have her money transferred into her UK account.  Help please 

Comments

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,436 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 11 May at 5:17PM
    Options
    My daughter who lived in Spain until April 2023 is being marred with endless documentation,  both from Spain and from the UK- in order to have her money transferred into her UK account.  Help please 
    What documentation is being asked for? Is it a very large amount of money? Normally it should be easy but easier still might be to open Wise Euro and GBP accounts, have the euros transferred to the Wise Euro a/c using its Sepa details and then convert to sterling as required via the Wise GBP account.

Worst case couldn't it be withdrawn via ATMs in the UK with the Spanish account's debit card?

https://wise.com/
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,765 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not sure what you actually mean by "marred with endless documentation" - if you mean that someone is issuing or requesting documents that are hindering a transfer, who is doing this and what's the issue with complying with any requests?  Is this about you (as per title) or your daughter (from the post)?
  • PloughmansLunch
    PloughmansLunch Posts: 510 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Banking there can be generally pretty bureaucratic and fee-heavy. If no longer living there then the banks can lock transfers on the account without confirmation of an NiE number and/or certificate of non-residency. Is this the requested documentation that you refer to? If this is the case then the latter is a bit of a faff to sort out, but probably the least slow solution to a fully operational account. 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What do you need help with? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport