🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Scottish Power credit balance refund

Options
Timesquare24
Timesquare24 Posts: 1 Newbie
I called Scottish Power to request a refund of my credit balance and was told I could claim a refund but would have to increase my monthly d/d before they would process the refund.  I said as my current d/d would more than adequately cover my anticipated gas supply for the coming year I did not want to increase my direct debit - I was told in that case they can't process the refund.  I requested a copy of the recording of our conversation so that I could send a copy to Ofgem, as I didn't believe they could insist I increase my d/d in order to be granted a refund.  Scottish Power later called me back to confirm my d/d would remain at the current amount and a refund of my credit balance had been processed.

Comments

• Netexporter
    Netexporter Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd leave SP, so they'll have to refund you balance, and go to a decent supplier, like Octopus, where you can adjust your DD payment yourself.
  • MeteredOut
    MeteredOut Posts: 1,517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd leave SP, so they'll have to refund you balance, and go to a decent supplier, like Octopus, where you can adjust your DD payment yourself.
    ...and get a friend or relative to refer you, and you'll get £50 credit each.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure