reasonable fees for IVA

Options
wtf999wtf
wtf999wtf Posts: 2 Newbie
First Post
Hi, I have been quoted £113 per month repayment on c£10,000 of debt, through Ukdebtexpert.co.uk and creditfix.co.uk, their fees are £4500, including supervisor fee of £2100. Repayments would total £6780 over 5 years. Is this a good deal?

Comments

• Grumpelstiltskin
    Grumpelstiltskin Posts: 4,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 May at 3:24PM
    Options
    No   Don't touch them with a barge pole.

IVAs are not really suitable for your size of debt.

Why aren't you considering a DMP?

Its informal, not insolvency.

Go over to the Debt Free Wannabe board they will give you good advice.

Edit Link to DFW.

Debt-free wannabe — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,987 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 May at 6:55PM
    Options
    Not something you should do under any circumstances.

IVA`s are designed for homeowners with tens of 1000`s of pounds worth of debt, who also have assets to protect, such as a house, so they can`t go bankrupt.

I suspect you have neither, so why are you looking at insolvency for a mere 10 grand?

The fact is these arrangements are wholly unsuitable for the vast majority of folk, who tend to sign up to them after seeing an add on social media, and not fully understanding how they work, or what they are letting themselves in for.

Best advice is to walk away and look at a debt management plan run by one of the debt charities instead.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,667 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    wtf999wtf said:
    Hi, I have been quoted £113 per month repayment on c£10,000 of debt, through Ukdebtexpert.co.uk and creditfix.co.uk, their fees are £4500, including supervisor fee of £2100. Repayments would total £6780 over 5 years. Is this a good deal?
    You could probably pay less by letting everything default, waiting for the debts to be sold at a fraction, then offering full & final settlement.

Wouldn't be a good deal for creditfix or their associate because they couldn't charge you 4.5k  for filling in a form.

Not necessarily suggesting that. If you want to give us the details we can comment further

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
  • wtf999wtf
    wtf999wtf Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you sourcrates  and fatbelly for your kind advice, appreciated :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback