IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DCB Legal Defeated

Options
This has concluded - 2 years since the original letter of claim and 6 years since events took place.  I parked in my own space without displaying a permit on 3 occasions.l at my own flat.

Case was heard this morning and thrown out in 15 minutes by the Judge.  

I didn't even get to recite the primacy of contract arguments I had made in my Defence and Witness Statement - the Judge decided the parking company had never actually defined the area that they purported to exercise jurisdiction over - essentially the authority to operate document between the management agent and the parking company was defective as it didn't identify the spaces in question.  

What a waste of time - and their offer to go away on the door if I paid them £650 was laughable.

Comments

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 683 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    More information please 

Name of parking company ?

Anything else that is useful 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done, but why do we have a second thread about this incident?
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Jonas_264 said:
    This has concluded - 2 years since the original letter of claim and 6 years since events took place.  I parked in my own space without displaying a permit on 3 occasions.l at my own flat.

I didn't even get to recite the primacy of contract arguments I had made in my Defence and Witness Statement - the Judge decided the parking company had never actually defined the area that they purported to exercise jurisdiction over - essentially the authority to operate document between the management agent and the parking company was defective as it didn't identify the spaces in question.  

What a waste of time - and their offer to go away on the door if I paid them £650 was laughable.
    Jonas_264 said:

WELL DONE.    OF COURSE DCBL ARE TIMEWASTERS
    They are just a complete pain in the backside of the courts
    I would imagine ALL Judges know about the famous antics
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills