Pension credit and CoL payments

Options
Hello - does pension credit treat cost of living payments the same as UC - will be getting state pension soon and starting to worry re finances for me and child.

Comments

• HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 May at 9:17AM
    Options
    Yes it does. No matter what benefit, working age or pension age CoL payments are treated the same.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you aware cost of living payments have ended and aren’t being made in this financial year? Or are you referring to something else? 

You may be better off on state pension + PC than UC, it’s worth doing a benefit check to find out, try https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £1,350 /£3,600

• Auti
    Auti Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you aware cost of living payments have ended and aren’t being made in this financial year? Or are you referring to something else? 

You may be better off on state pension + PC than UC, it’s worth doing a benefit check to find out, try https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/
    Thank you - yes I am on UC at moment where CoL payments already received are not counted and I was just checking that they would still be not counted when I get state pension (I have a young child that is part of my claim so hope pension credit will help as I will struggle to pay for both of us just on state pension).

There is only me and child so UC ends at my pension age.
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Auti said:

Thank you - yes I am on UC at moment where CoL payments already received are not counted and I was just checking that they would still be not counted when I get state pension (I have a young child that is part of my claim so hope pension credit will help as I will struggle to pay for both of us just on state pension).

There is only me and child so UC ends at my pension age.
    Just in case you didn't know when you start claiming PC the lower capital limit where deductions start will increase from £6,000 to £10,000, and there in no upper limit, unlike UC.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ah sorry I thought you meant as income not savings
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £1,350 /£3,600

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories