🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Special delivery might be lost

Options
Hello sent a item on special delivery 

Thinking it may be lost collect by postman and not updated on travking just stuck on collected by DO

If it is lost how long does the Royal mail claim take to payout 

Comments

• bluelad1927
    bluelad1927 Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello sent a item on special delivery 

Thinking it may be lost collect by postman and not updated on travking just stuck on collected by DO

If it is lost how long does the Royal mail claim take to payout 
    Do you actually know ifvthe item hasn't arrived at its destination ie are you only relying on the tracking updates. Was it an item sold that thebuyer has contacted.

I recently sold an item that didn't track past the delivery office. I was reluctant to contact the buyer as I was concerned that they may have received but claim they didn't knowing I did not have the correct tracking details. I left it and was left good  feedback by the buyer so clearly an issue with the tracking.

As far as compensation for lost items is concerned I believe its about 3 weeks before you can claim
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure