MS Money adding funds from a 3rd party

Options
I am still using MS MOney (why did microsoft ever let that die?) anyway I have an account set up in it that received money from one of my accounts in money, but also from my missus whose account I do not have in MS Money. How should I enter that money into that account, I assume just as a "deposit from"

Comments

• Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If it's a fixed amount on the same day each month you can enter in as a regular deposit, as you would for salaries and pensions. Otherwise it's just a deposit from Mrs SJP
  • hilsea
    hilsea Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i thought i was the only one still using this excellent money programme.... i would be lost without it, im still on windows 10 on my laptop dreading the thought that the laptop might die and i lose access to over 25 years of data! despite it not being supported anymore its just great for bank accounts and stocks and shares, sadly these days i have to manually update the share prices, but i dont care its a once a month job!
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,393 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    hilsea said:
    i thought i was the only one still using this excellent money programme.... i would be lost without it, im still on windows 10 on my laptop dreading the thought that the laptop might die and i lose access to over 25 years of data! despite it not being supported anymore its just great for bank accounts and stocks and shares, sadly these days i have to manually update the share prices, but i dont care its a once a month job!
    You won't, just make sure you make regular backups of your Money file and keep at least one of them on another device/computer/cloud storage. I'm presently running MS Money 2005 UK on a Windows 11 virtual machine running on an Arm* based Mac and it still works brilliantly. 

There is/was an option to have prices updated automatically via some software from Gaier Software but I quite like updating manually as I feel like I engage better with what's going on.

https://gaiersoftware.com/Money

*So not the x86 processor the program was designed for/with.
  • TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You are not alone ...... I use it every day

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business