IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Trace debt recovery

Options
Hi I received a letter stating I didn't pay outstanding payment on a parking ticket as i didnt register my blue badge at lewisham hospital on the 24th march 24 . I called them and told them I didn't receive the first letter and could they send me the photos of my car and the original letter in which they did, yes it is my car but i told her i didnt get the first letter but she told me i have to pay £150 by 16th may 24 or it will go further debt collecters and I can't appeal now .The pcn number don't add up when I put it In on search for parking tickets.  
What do I do please. 

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Which parking company is involved?
  • justlife69
    justlife69 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    It is wise parking limited. 
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 May at 4:27PM
    Options
    Plan A is a complain in writing to PALS and the head of the hospital trust, reminding them of the government's instructions to the NHS.

NHS car parking guidance 2022 for NHS trusts and NHS foundation trusts - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

You should also complain to your MP.
    Tell all concerned that requiring a disabled motorist to do something that an able bodied motorist is not required to do is discrimination, which is a breach of the Equality Act 2010, and a criminal offence. Include the date of the alleged event, the PCN number if available, and your VRM in your complaints.

You should also complain to Wise Parking, stating that a Notice to Keeper was never given, therefore the keeper cannot be held liable.

Debt collectors are powerless and can safely be ignored.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • LDast
    LDast Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 9 May at 4:36PM
    Options
    Have you read the Newbies/FAQ thread yet? Have you tried Plan A and contacted PALS at the hospital?

Stop contacting the debt collectors as advised in the Newbies thread.

Is your address on your V5C logbook up to date? If/when you last changed address, did you also advise the DVLA to update your logbook. Updating your derivers licence doesn't automatically update your logbook, which is where the PPC gets the keeper details from.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you read all the other threads we had last year about that hospital and Wise Parking?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • justlife69
    justlife69 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your comments and writing in will be too long as I stated I only have until 16th may 24 .
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your comments and writing in will be too long as I stated I only have until 16th may 24 .
    Take no notice of Trace or powerless debt collectors, concentrate on the replies you received on here instead 

Neither Trace or debt collectors can do anything to you, listen to the advice on here 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Eh? No you don't.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback